Kirkhill Gala Week is annual event that brings the whole community together. The events vary from year to year but include something for everyone. The week finishes with Gala Day which includes music, stalls, fun rides, challenges, dancing and demonstrations. A gala dance in the evening finishes the week off. All money raised during gala week goes towards the upkeep and improvements of the community centre and sports pitches.
Gala week 2014 – Sunday 8th June to Saturday 14th June (Gala day)
Gala Week at a glance:
- Sunday 8th June, 9.00am – Golf competition at Muir of Ord
- Sunday 8th June, 10.30am – Church service at Kirkhill Community Centre
- Sunday 8th June, 4.00pm – Car treasure hunt and BBQ at Kirkhill Community Centre
- Monday 9th June, 7.00pm – Bingo night at Kirkhill Community Centre
- Wednesday 11th June, 6.30pm – Pets parade at Kirkhill Community Centre
- Wednesday 11th June, 7.00pm – Fun run at Kirkhill Community Centre
- Thursday 12th June, 7.30pm – Fashion show at Achnagairn House
- Friday 13th June, 7.00pm – Football tournament at Kirkhill Community Centre
- Friday 13th June, 9.00pm – Quiz night at Bogroy Hotel
- Saturday 14th June, 12 noon – Gala day!
- Saturday 14th June, 8.00pm – Gala dance
Fashion Show/Ladies night
There will be an evening of Ladies fashion and entertainment featuring Brambles of Nairn and Loch Dress on Thursday, 12th June at Achnagairn House at 7.30pm. Tickets are £12.50 and go on sale on 12th May. Strictly over 18’s only. Tickets from Lorraine Macleod 01463 831465. Tickets will sell quickly so don’t miss out on a great night.
Tickets go on sale on Monday, 19th May for the Gala Dance which will be in the Community centre; doors opening at 8pm. Come along and enjoy a great night of dancing to local band “Sharp Exit”. Tickets are £10 and are available from Lorraine Macleod Tel no.01463 831465. STRICTLY OVER 18’S. Tickets will sell quickly so make sure you get yours.
Now a traditional gala event this is great fun for all the family. This year’s theme is Commonwealth Games Sports. Scarecrows should be on display in your garden and ready for judging by 6th June 2014. To register contact Izzy on 831554 by 31st May.
Gala Day competitions
Get your knitting needles out for this year’s best home-made tea cosy competition. For the bakers we’ll be judging the best batch of muffins. All entries must be at the community centre by 10.30 am on Gala Day.
A great day out for all the family on Saturday 14th June. Arena events include circus skills, dog agility, Kung Fu, highland dancing and bubble football. Loads of trade stalls will be there selling everything from crafts, preserves and jewellery. There’ll be a wide range of rides, activities, competitions and challenges to keep everyone amused and a live music stage. gates open at 12.00 noon.
This year the Gala Committee have decided that princesses will be selected from P3 and P7 with names being drawn by Gala committee members at school assembly on Friday, 16th May.
If you’d like the opportunity to have a trade stall at our popular gala day which regularly attracts up to 1000 people then please fill in and return the form below. Trade stalls from only £20.